Tuesday, May 19, 2009

my first story ever.

i was going through some old stories and i found the first one i ever wrote :) i think I was 6 or 7. i didn't change anything, so this is the original. anything in brackets is some slight commentary from the author ;)


The Wonderful Horse

By Rachel L. Czarniak
Illistrated by Rachel L. Czarniak


~1~
John was at the airport. John at the age of 17 wasn’t a bit fearful. He was going to fly alone! He kissed his mother, father, 24 year-old sister Mary, 17 year-old twin sister Sally, 10 year-old sister Kelly, 5 year-old sister Wendy and at last, his 1 year-old baby brother Will. About 20 minutes later the plane was ready to take of. John looked
out of his window. He could no longer
see his mother or father.
Oh, how he wished he could see them again!

~2~
All at once John heard the engine of the plane turn on. “Goodbye New York,” said John when the plane took off down the run way. Just then, John jerked forward and no sooner had he been on the earth he was soaring in the air! “Oh, how fun! John reached to his backpack and pulled out a pillow. He put the pillow on the side of him. Before he lay down he said, “my goodness, its 7:00 in the morning.
Soon he was asleep. He slept for 1 hour. When John woke up it was 8:00 am. The sun was up and shining. “How nice,” said John as the plane went through a cloud.

~3~
John put his pillow in his backpack. Then a lady came up. “Are you hungry young man?” She asked. “Yes, I am Miss.” Answered John. John ordered, Coco puffs cereal, and Chocolate Milk. He thanked the lady as she walked away. John was tall and thin, with short brown hair. He was quiet and very polite. Suddenly, a booming voice said, “PLANE WILL BE LANDING IN 11 HOURS, I REPET, PLANE WILL BE LANDING IN 11 HOURS!” “I almost went deaf!” John muttered. The women next to him said “you did?”. Oh, no, I was just exaggerating. “Are you going to Africa too?” John questioned curiously. “For a funeral, yes.” She said, then sighed.

~4~
When the plane landed John boarded another plane to cross the Indian Ocean.
This time John sat next to a girl with long brown silky hair. She was wearing a fancy white shirt with a lovely silk pink and white skirt. Quietly John said “What’s your name?” The girl looked at him like she had never been talked to before. She quickly but quietly said, “Molly and I don’t talk to boys!” and turned her head away. John felt his cheeks turn red. [this was the epitomy of romance to me - he blushed!] He had talked to girls before but not girls this rude! Suddenly, the girl turned around. “I’m sorry. I’m just mad because my dad made me come on this plane by my self just to go see my grandma.

~3~ [apparently I forgot 5 came after 4...]
“That’s all right.” Said John. Molly kept talking. “I guess we haven’t met properly. My name is Molly Miller, what’s yours?” “John Wilts.” “Oh,” Molly still went on. “I’m 16 how old are you?” “I’m 17.” John said, feeling his cheeks warm again. This time John went on. “What is your family like? My family is practically all girls. Let’s see, I have my 24 year old sister Mary, my 17 year old twin sister Sally, my 10 year old sister Kelly, 5 year-old sister Wendy and my 1 year-old brother, Will.” “Well, I’ve got my older brother Seth and my other older brother Jimmy and my other older brother Theadore, but we call him Teddy.” Molly answed.

aaaaaaaaaaand that's it. end of story. lets all hope John gets to Africa safely and he gets over his fear of girls. the end. :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that's awesome! you're talented.

Karalyn said...

I like it! John sounds like my dream boy. :-D

Omar Keller said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend. You reallyl have a gift (even at 6 years old), keep up the good work!

-Omar

Chill said...

Hahahah!!! That is great... I love the part with john and molly...

Lizzy said...

oh i remember this from class last year! looooove it....

sean.b said...

Wow RachE!
Six years old?? I'm impressed...i love how you felt the need to put the age of every single one of the siblings...twice!!

Skins #1 fan (or cody) said...

Wow, pretty funny that was, I compliment you.

Joanna said...

Ummm, it's amazing.
and, I love how John acts like an awkward middle schooler instead of a 17 year old person.
And, Will Wilts??? What a name! poor little guy!

Dave said...

Wow Rach! That story inspired me to talk to girls (see this comment is proof). Do ALL girls think about romance this young? I had barely started to realize that there were two types of people at six. :D

Ashley Brynn said...

David... you KILL me. hahaha. your comments are awwwesome.

woah rach phace...that was hysterical:
“For a funeral, yes.” She said, then sighed.

haha. BEST paaaaart. :D

Jenn said...

Wow Rach! You're pretty creative/talented/pretty/amazing!!! :) I <3 you...did I mention you are talented??

Emily said...

wow rach you had great math skills!!! :] -

“ 'my goodness, its 7:00 in the morning.' Soon he was asleep. He slept for 1 hour. When John woke up it was 8:00 am."

i wish they served coco puffs and chocolate milk on planes!!! :] your so cute!

Julie Barnett said...

haha cute :)