Tuesday, January 27, 2009

school and snow and birthdays

my brain is filled with school.
stuff like obligate parasitic heterotrophs, victorian novels, tangent = sine over cosine, Louis XVI, Huckleberry Finn, preformed toxins, Napolean's dynasty...
Escuela es vida.
oops, did I say that in Spanish?
sorry, brain clog. ;)
aaaaaaaanyways...here are some pictures that might brighten your otherwise school-filled day ;)

************

Uncle Mark's birthday was last week, and my grandparents from WV came over to celebrate. I love my dad and uncles...they're so fun. Em was lighting the candles on the cake, and every time she would light them one of the boys would blow them out real quick before we could sing. it took a few retakes of the song, but we finally got through the whole thing without the candles going out ;)

Nanna made a yummy lemon cake (uncle mark's favorite)...he loved the cake, but not so much the big 40, though, so we changed it around. Happy 4th Birthday, Uncle Mark!! haha :)

And then today...there was the snow. yeah. sad. but, as I always say: "when life is horrible, make a snowman." okay, I've never said that before. but it sounded good. anyways, Emmy took her own advice (I advised her to stay INSIDE, in the nice warm house), and went outside to shovel snow. and make a snowman. in ONE INCH of snow. kudos to the girl for a valient attempt. :o)


Em shoveling...and shoveling...aaaaand shoveling.

This is Emily's snowman. I wanted to name him Philbert, but she said no. So, I am sad to say that this is Reagan the Snowman, not Philbert. oh well. sniff.

Reagan the Snowman is pulling Macy the Snowman in her little sled thingie. yeah.

Of couse, she had to do the "rachel thing" with her lips...always gotta get one of those shots.

Emily and...um...Reagan.

kissing the snowman!! so cuuuuuuuuute!!!!!!! :D I love my little sister.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! that was fun...and cold!
:-) i had an awesome time outside!
you should have come out! :o)

isn't reagan sooooooooo cute!?!?! my lips pretty much frose when i kissed her! lol :0)

Chill said...

Emily kissed a snow man!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! that is sooo grosss...

the cake looks yummy...

and fyi in a unit circle tangent also equals y/x...also the tangent function helps you find the line of inclination for conic sections...=P just thought i'd throw that in so people don't think that tangent is that simple...

Joanna said...

awwwwww... em, you're so cute.
and, Rach... if it had been me, the snowman would have been Philbert.
the.end.

Julie Barnett said...

Cute snowman :)

Anonymous said...

Em is so cute...

haha! "happy 4th birthday"!!! that sounds almost like what we did with my dad!

wow Em, kissing a snow man...interesting...

Anonymous said...

O, and GO CARDINALS!!!

Rach said...

gosh, thanks Caleb...you can cut it out, I don't want to pass out.

THANK YOU JO-JO!!! you're my only friend...haha :P

NO NO NO!!! Jenn meant to say go STEELERS. that's what she meant. :D

Anonymous said...

No, I meant GO CARDINALS!

Why would I want the Stinkin' Steelers to win? Rach that goes against everything about being a RAVENS fan!

Kristen said...

Awww - how cute :D
So umm... are Reagan and Macy in love or something?? Is there a really cute, tragic snowman love story behind all that?

Anonymous said...

they are both girls kris!!!
lol

Anonymous said...

Reagan is a girl???

Kristen said...

What??!!?!! That can't be!!! Ok - so definitely make Reagan a boy - okay?

Anonymous said...

Yes! Make Reagan a guy!

Anonymous said...

no can do!
i cant change her genetic code!
lol

Dave said...

You could pretend in your pretence that you could change his/her genetic code. Haha. :) I've tried to do the ol' "Rach thing" but I can't. :( I'm feel so uncool.
~Dave

Rach said...

it's a girl. don't argue with my little sister, guys, she can get scary. ;)

Dave, it takes a lot of talent...I'm just special. lol just kidding, I don't even know how that started but it's pretty funny. I have my own signature lip move :D